Expand cooperation with partner organisations
The Swiss Academies of Arts and Sciences and its members strengthen the exchange with their sister organisations by way of organising joint scientific meetings, contributions at international events, collaboration in multinational associations and bilateral agreements.
Joint scientific meetings
- «Braucht es eine neue Wissenschaftskultur?», University of Zurich, July 2014: Given the similarities in the science systems and challenges for young scientists, especially female scientists, the Swiss Academies of Arts and Sciences organised this conference with the German National Academy of Sciences Leopoldina and the Austrian Academy of Sciences.
Presentations at international meetingsAt meetings of academies and other science organisations, the President of the Swiss Academies of Arts and Sciences presents the activities of the academies in Switzerland and how they apply knowledge in dealing with societal challenges.
- Eurasian Academy, Azerbaijan: On the occasion of the inauguration of the Eurasian Academy in Baku in January 2016, he delivered a message of greeting.
- Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS): On invitation, he gave a keynote on «Science Academies and society: a Swiss perspective. Taking science into decision-making processes» in a seminar related to the CAS General Assembly in 2014. Representatives of the national academies of Australia, India, the United Kingdom and the US made further contributions.
- Science and Technology in Society Forum, Japan: At the sts forum 2013 in Kyoto, he spoke on «Collaboration among academia, industries and governments».
Collaboration in multinational associationsIn analogy to their support for the European academy associations ALLEA and EASAC on science policy and scientific policy advice respectively, the Swiss Academies of Arts and Sciences adhere to the InterAcademy Partnership (IAP) at the global level. Furthermore, its members adhere to the following European and international thematic associations and contribute to their work with delegates.
SCNAT Swiss Academy of Sciences
- ICSU Committee on Scientific Planning and Review: Nina Buchmann, ETH Zurich
- ICSU Committee on Freedom and Responsibility in the conduct of Science: Guéladio Cissé, Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute Basel
SAMS Swiss Academy of Medical Sciences
- CIOMS – Council for International Organizations of Medical Sciences
- EACME – European Association of Centres of Medical Ethics
- FEAM - Federation of European Academies of Medicine
- IAMP – InterAcademy Medical Panel
SAHS Swiss Academy of Humanities and Social Sciences
SATW Swiss Academy of Engineering Sciences
- CAETS – International Council of Academies of Engineering and Technological Sciences
- Euro-CASE – European Council of Applied Sciences and Engineering